Jun 15, 2011

Area Woman Assumed To Be Good Parent, Based On Facebook Wall

According to her Facebook profile, area woman Alexis Greene is a “Devoted, loving mother of two wonderful kids.” “I just love being a mom”, she has said numerous times in status updates. We spoke with some of Alexis’ 872 Facebook friends who confirm that, at least based on her Facebook wall, she seems to be a good parent.

“I don’t really know her that well, but she’s always posting stuff about her kids, if that answers your question,” said Michael Lutz, who thinks he might have gone to high school with Alexis.  “She sent me a friend request a couple years ago and she looked familiar, so I just decided to confirm it.”

“Alexis just adores those kids,” said Bianca Donnelly, longtime friend. “I’ve got 2 about the same age, so we used to have play dates all the time together. We’d take the kids to the park or playground, go on walks, stuff like that. I haven’t seen her in a while though. It seems like she spends a lot of time at home on her computer.”

We asked Nancy McNeil, director of the local Parent Teacher Association, if she agreed. “I don’t know who Alexis Greene is,” said McNeil. “I’ve never seen her at any of our meetings.”

“I finally had to hide her profile from my news feed,” said Alexis’ brother Andy. “I just couldn’t stand it anymore. Don’t get me wrong, I love my niece and nephew but at some point you just have to draw the line.”

“I’ve become a little obsessed,” Alexis admitted in a recent status update.

Andy explained that his sister’s online activities have become more frequent over the last 3 years, to the point where she now posts new photos of her children as often as 5 or 6 times a week. “The last time I looked, she had posted more than 2,500 photos of those kids! Are you kidding me? I haven’t had that many photos taken of me in my life! And don’t even get me started on her constant stream of posts about all the ‘silly’ things the kids say. We get it. Your kids are cute. Just shut the hell up about it already!”

In response to our request for an interview, Ms. Greene said simply, “My profile speaks for itself.”